World Perfumery Congress in Nice a Record Breaking Success
Allured Business Media and Perfumer & Flavorist magazine, in partnership with the American Society of Perfumers has announced that the World Perfumery Congress (WPC) 2018 in Nice, France, was a record-breaking success.
This year’s WPC brought together more than 1,800 attendees from around the world, including at least 300 perfumers and more than 70 exhibitors, to discuss and explore the future of fragrance.
Perfumer Masterclasses & the Latest Fragrance Technologies
This year’s theme, “A Sense of What’s Next,” framed the educational sessions which featured topics on creativity, consumer insights, niche and commercial brands, regulatory policy and more. Keynote speakers included Miguel Alemañy, director of R&D, flavors and fragrances, Procter & Gamble; Hannah Symons, beauty and fashion research manager, Euromonitor; Eric Korman, CEO and founder, Phlur; Laura Slatkin, CEO and founder, and Nancy McKay, CEO, NEST Fragrances.
The Master Perfumer Workshops offered a chance for perfumers to learn technical and creative skills first-hand in an intimate setting, while the Petit WPC featured in-depth topics facing the industry. The workshops were led by several world-renowned master perfumers, including:
- Jean-Claude Ellena, master perfumer, formerly with Hermès
- Carlos Benaïm, master perfumer, IFF; and John Brahms, global ST&I director, IFF
- Calice Becker, executive perfumer, Givaudan; and Linda Song, perfumer, Givaudan
- Olivier Cresp, master perfumer, Firmenich; and Gilles Oddon, senior VP of synthesis, Firmenich
- Dave Apel, vice president of fragrance, Symrise; Émilie Copperman, master perfumer, Symrise; and Mathieu Chevara, co-publisher, Nez
- Robert Bedoukian, president, Bedoukian Research; and Zerlina Dubois, master perfumer, P&G
Meanwhile, the Expo Hall featured the latest fragrance ingredients and materials, packaging, technology, equipment, and more.
Mark Your Calendars: WPC 2020
WPC 2020 will take place June 2-4, 2020, at the new Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami, Florida, near South Beach hotels and beaches and City Center.
Visit WorldPerfumeryCongress.com to sign up for early bird discounts and event notifications.
WPC Photos & Buzz
- View exclusive photos from WPC 2018 at www.facebook.com/pg/perfumerflavorist/photos/
- Follow the WPC 2018 social media buzz by following the hashtags #WPCNice, #WPC2018 and #WorldPerfumeryCongress on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.