Lily Aldridge attends Met Gala with hair by Moroccanoil Celebrity Hairstylist Bryce Scarlett
Lily Aldridge attended the Met Gala in celebration of “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination” with hair by Moroccanoil Celebrity Hairstylist Bryce Scarlett.
“People are usually more open to taking risks at Met Gala, which makes it a great opportunity to play with the nexus of modern and classic looks,” said Bryce Scarlett. “For Lily, we tried a few different looks but ended with a more romantic take. Her bright yellow shirtdress has a Sophia Loren-vibe, and we wanted the hair to be a very simple, modern take on a 50’s Italian movie star. We kept the hair classic in a timeless chignon with height at the crown and a Bardot bang,” he said.
To recreate the look by Bryce Scarlett for Moroccanoil, follow the below step-by-step instructions and products below.
Get The Look:
· On damp hair, use a dime size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment to provide the perfect foundation for styling.
· Using Moroccanoil Protect & Prevent Spray, mist evenly throughout mid-lengths and ends to protect and detangle hair. Comb to distribute.
· At the roots, work in Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and comb fingers through for added body.
· Blow dry the hair smooth using Moroccanoil Ceramic 45MM Round Brush andMoroccanoil Professional Ceramic Hair Dryer starting at the roots and lifting away from the scalp.
· Blow dry the bangs forward and set them into a curl. Then, part in the center and tuck behind the ears to frame the face.
· Spray Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to create textured volume near the root of the hair and pull into a ponytail with height at the crown. Wrap the hair into a chignon and spray the bangs with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray.
· Finish the look with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium to provide a long lasting, weightless hold.
Moroccanoil Treatment $44 | Moroccanoil Protect & Prevent Spray $30 | Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse $28 | MoroccanoilCeramic Hair Dryer $220 | Moroccanoil Ceramic 45MM Round Brush $30 | Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray $28 | Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium $24
For more information, visit Moroccanoil.com. For daily behind-the-scenes content, follow @Moroccanoil on Twitter and Instagram. Subscribe to our beauty tutorials on YouTube and join the conversation on Facebook!
For more information on Bryce Scarlett, find him on Instagram @BryceScarlett.
Photo by John Shearer