L’Oréal Paris Hosts 14th Annual Women of Worth Awards
L’Oréal Paris Hosts Fourteenth Annual Women of Worth Celebration at The Pierre on December 4th, 2019 in New York City
#1 Global Beauty Brand to honor Ten Inspiring Women Making an Extraordinary Difference
L’Oréal Paris –the world’s largest total beauty brand, is celebrating its fourteenth annual Women of Worth awards, a philanthropic program that champions inspiring women who are making a difference in their communities across the country. Women of Worth embodies L’Oréal Paris’ iconic philosophy, “Because I’m Worth It,” and demonstrates the powerful connection between giving back and igniting a sense of self-worth. Over the last thirteen years, the program has recognized more than 100 women who find beauty in giving back – selflessly, tirelessly and passionately volunteering their time and energy. L’Oréal Paris is donating a $10,000 grant to each honoree for their causes. The National Honoree, Brittany Schiavone has been selected via public vote and has received an additional $25,000 towards Brittany’s Baskets of Hope.
Those attending included: L’Oréal Paris celebrity spokeswomen Amber Heard, Aja Naomi King, Andie MacDowell, Camila Cabello, Helen Mirren and; CBS news anchor Gayle King; Founder and CEO of Thrive Global Arianna Huffington; Former White House Press Secretary Dana Perino; Dr. Oz TV Show Host Dr. Oz; Model’s Iskra Lawrence and Kat Graham; L’Oréal Paris President Ali Goldstein; President Emeritus and Chairwoman of L’Oréal Paris Women of Worth Karen T. Fondu.
THIS YEAR’S HONOREES:
- Brittany Schiavone – Long Island, NY; Founder, Brittany’s Baskets of Hope: delivers baskets of hand-made baby items and Down syndrome support system information to families with Down Syndrome babies.
- Crystal Chatman – Memphis, TN; Founder & Director, Beautiful Spirited Women: empowers and advocates for teenage girls through mentorship that teaches healthy self-esteem, safe sex and entrepreneurship.
- Hetal Jani – New York City, NY; Founding Executive Director, SPEAK Mentorship: advances diversity in leadership through college and career preparedness, mentoring immigrant girls on cultural identity, career trajectory and gender association.
- Judy Winter – East Lansing, MI; Cofounder, Eric ‘RicStar’ Winter Music Therapy Camp: provides opportunities for musical expression, enjoyment and interaction with special needs children through an inclusive day camp.
- Ni’Cola Mitchell – Las Vegas, NV; Founder, Girls Who Brunch: inspires and empowers at-risk teenage girls by teaching literacy, education and critical life skills.
- Raja B. Marhaba – Granada Hills, CA; Founder, The Jonathan Foundation For Children with Learning Disabilities: Provides personalized support to help families with children with learning disabilities navigate special education systems.
- Sally Berenzweig – Boca Raton, FL; Cofounder, KidSafe Foundation: teaches personal safety to children and adults with the ultimate mission of building strong, resilient families and safer communities.
- Samantha Gerson – Los Angeles, CA; Founder & CEO, UnBroken: provides free legal and therapeutic support to adolescent survivors of institutional abuses such as conversion therapy.
- Shanté Elliott – Chicago, IL; Founder, TasselTurn: improves the lives of youth in foster care through personalized support and college and career technology based educational coaching and social-emotional curriculum.
- Shreyaa Venkat – Ashburn, VA; Founder, NEST4US: works with communities to provide volunteer and leadership opportunities, focusing on reducing food waste and feeding the hungry.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty Entertainment